Monday, June 21, 2010

In the midst of the storm




We had a long, cold winter and so many people who have trigeminal neuralgia and neuropathic facial pain really suffered. Now that warmer weather allows these individuals to enjoy lower pain levels, barometric pressure threatens to deliver more discomfort.

When barometric pressure shifts suddenly, many people notice that their pain rapidly increases. No, it is not in your mind. No, it’s not fair. One summer Florida experienced four hurricanes. Three of them came through my area, and the symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia raged.

You may want to have a plan of action. Don’t hesitate to report the summer pain to your health care provider. It may be that medication can be adjusted or additional treatments can be given. Keep an eye on the weather report to help you know what to expect.

It’s not easy to remain calm in the midst of a storm, especially when pain is at its center. This is where the challenge lies.

So long ago when my pain got bad, I was unable to talk. I’d call my mother, and press three keys on the phone pad. She knew my signal, and she would come over to say a prayer with me and to sit with me.

It may help you to prepare for pain caused by weather fronts. Store your storm stash together:

Favorite Bible verses
Encouraging Quotes
Medication
Phone numbers of people who will offer you support
If you wear glasses, a light weight pair




No comments:

Post a Comment