Sunday, October 17, 2010

Easy chew recipe: apple crisp


Fall is here, and although the Florida weather has taken another turn for warm and humid, I've been hankering for some apples. I cooked up this recipe today, trying to minimize sugar, fats, and chewing. If chewing hurts, you may want to avoid this recipe. It's possible that you could pulverize the sauteed apples in a blender to get them to a no-chew consistency.

3 cups finely diced red delicious apples
1 tablespoon Smart Balance light buttery spread
Pinch of stevia (or sugar) and a pinch of cinnamon



1/4 cup ground walnuts
3 tablespoons brown sugar or sugar in the raw
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons flour


1 tablespoon water


Peel and dice apples into small pieces as shown.

Saute them in buttery spread for five to seven minutes over medium heat. Stir as they cook. I sprinkled mine with a dash of cinnamon and stevia for extra flavor. When they have been cooked until they are soft, place the apples in a one-quart casserole dish.


 before baking
In a separate container, mix finely ground walnuts (I chopped mine in my Shake and Take), flour, brown sugar (or Sugar in the Raw), and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.  Toss the mixture evenly onto the apples. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of water.

Bake at 350 degree heat for 30 minutes. Serves three.

This would be great topped with whipped creme, but I can't afford the calories. For more recipes (easy or no-chew) please use the google tool at the top of my blog.

Have you visited my website? With Great Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment